REGISTRATION STILL OPEN!
Public Speaking Workshop for ages 14-18 offered at Manheim Township Public Library
Each course is organized and presented by experienced Toastmasters.
The skills developed by participants during a Youth Leadership course include:
- Preparing a speech;
- Presentation skills, including the use of voice and gesture;
- Introducing speakers;
- Presenting effective and positive evaluations (including providing recommendations for improvement);
- Impromptu speaking (off the cuff);
- Chairing meetings;
- Acting as a timekeeper; and
- Developing self confidence.
This course will run for four sessions:
- The first session is a demonstration session, where the Toastmasters fulfil many of the roles, with some involvement from the participants in self-introductions;
- Sessions two and three are the participant run sessions, where they present their speeches and provide the evaluations. During these sessions the Toastmasters present educational sessions to the participants and provide a General Review at the end of each session;
- The final session is the Graduation Session . In this each participant will present their final prepared speech, as well as an impromptu speech, to demonstrate the skills they have developed.
Each participant who presents the required number of three prepared speeches, will be presented with an official Toastmasters International Certificate of graduation. This is an internationally recognized award.
The 4 session workshop begins June 17th from 6:30 – 8:00 pm and will be held on the Monday evenings of June 17th, June 24, July 8, and July 15 at the Manheim Township Public Library, 595 Granite Run Drive, Lancaster. These workshops, which usually cost over $100 are offered FREE as a partnership between Toastmasters and the Library.
Conestoga Toastmasters was founded in 1955 as a non-profit organization and are committed to developing confident communicators and successful leaders who will positively influence the community.
In the workshops you will learn to prepare and present a speech and to handle impromptu speaking situations. You will study and practice these skills in a friendly, non-threatening environment and with the help of knowledgeable, congenial people. All supplies are covered and include a workbook for each participant, who must be 14 or older.
End the dry mouth and shaky hands. Take the first step toward becoming a confident, poised speaker by contacting the Manheim Township Public Library at 560-6441 and registering today. CAPACITY LIMITED TO 10 PARTICIPANTS. REGISTRATION REQUIRED.Date: