Position Title Administrative Assistant
Classification Part-time (up to 28 hours/week)
Reports to Library Director
To apply Send email with cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com
The subject field of the email should be Admin Asst Application.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF JOB
To perform specialized secretarial, financial, statistical and clerical functions for the Library, as well as assigned circulation desk duties.
· Library education or experience preferred
· Ability to communicate effectively in writing, on the phone, and in person
· Good keyboarding skills
· Knowledge of accounting principles
· Experience using Internet and e-mail
· Experience using word processing, spread sheet and database software
· Tabulation accuracy
· Ability to use time efficiently and establish priorities
· Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
· Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, self-motivated
· Flexibility and willingness to adjust priorities as situations demand
· Good judgment in the assessment of situations
· Sensitivity to concerns requiring confidentiality
· Provides secretarial support for director, board and committees, as needed –
typing, photocopying, collating, preparing mailings, etc.
· Performs assigned record keeping, accounting and reporting duties (statistics, donations, usage, etc)
· Helps coordinate and plan special programs (i.e. art exhibits, display case displays)
· Prepares promotional materials (flyers, news releases, signs, etc.)
· Creates and keyboards correspondence, reports, news releases
· Screens phone calls, takes messages, and returns calls when requested
· Helps coordinate use of meeting rooms – scheduling and communicating set up
· Schedules, helps train and monitor volunteers, while maintaining current list
· Proctors exams in absence of Director
· Assists with in-house materials processing and cataloging (linking donations)
· Participates in collection weeding, as needed
· Orders and maintains stock of office supplies
· Operates and maintains paper and toner supply for all printers, copiers and fax.
· Sets up AV equipment for speakers or in-house programs, as needed
· Maintains donor database (Giftworks) – adding donors, correcting addresses
· Organizes and maintains files of administrative documents
· Receives and sorts mail.
· Prepares purchase orders with proper account code for Director’s signature
· Attends training workshops as assigned by Director.
· Keeps current social media (Facebook) and website including posting programs to the calendar of events
· Other duties as assigned
§ Performs daily library operations, as needed, which include, but not limited to:
o Performing library opening and closing procedures
o Checking in and checking out library materials, and other related functions
o Sorting and shelving books and other materials
o Registering library customers for cards
o Processing customer requests for materials
o Providing assistance in information searches
o Answering phone, making copies, sending faxes
o Troubleshoots computers for patrons
o Performing readers advisory, when requested
· Promotes a pleasant and welcoming atmosphere in the library.
Volunteers always appreciated!
We are always open to accepting offers of volunteer service. Volunteers must be 14 years of age or older and must commit to at least 6 months of weekly service, due to the extensive training required. The librarians at the Service Desk can provide an application. Questions about volunteer service can be addressed to Janet Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 560-6441 Ext. 307. Thank you for your interest.